Ice cream melts, flowers wilt, the leaves of autumn fall. Sunsets fade, seasons change, and children don’t stay small. Balloons pop, snowfalls stop--do summers last? Never! Weekends fly, today will die, But... FAMILIES ARE FOREVER! --By Rachelle F. A. Dow

Thursday, May 29, 2008

4 YEARS!


Yesterday was our 4th year Anniversary. It wasn't as action packed as Spencer might have hoped for because I am 32 weeks pregnant with our second little boy.


I will never forget the first time I met Spencer. He stuck with me from then on. Roy Richter (my brother in law) introduced us after devotional up at BYU I. I could not stop thinking about him. After a little bit of drama that year we ended up not dating but we became best friends. He left on his mission a few months after our Freshmen year. When he called me and told me he was going to Boise Idaho I remember laughing and I said, haha Spencer now where are you really going? He didn't appreciate that very much. I soon found out he wasn't kidding. He served his mission and even dear Janed me at the end of it. I was a little confused considering I was not thinking in anyway that we would be together when he got home. I graduated from BYU I and he was just going back for his sophmore year. (My Mom threw the letter away right before He got home) On my way out of Rexburg (hoping to never go back again) my car broke down. I was so confused my car never had any problems. I was extremely frustrated. Who knew that Heavenly Father had a different plan for me. My friend Lisa and her Dad drove me to SLC airport for my flight home to Houston. When i got back after Christmas break I had to go and get my car in Rexburg and I had to take the bus from the airport. I was waiting outside the airport for the bus and then Spencer came walking up. We talked the whole way back. At that moment I knew I was going to marry him. We were engaged 5 weeks later and married in May.


I love Spencer so much. There are so many good qualities about him. He is patient and loving towards me no matter what I do or how I treat him. I always think there is no one else in the world that would be so patient with me. He is such a good Dad. He always makes time everyday for Adam and takes him on Daddy and Son day outs about once a week. I look at him even after 4 years and I think he is such a cutey. I am so thankful for him in my life. I could not ask for a better husband! I love you Spencer!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been that long. Crazy!

Tay and Teigan said...

Has it really been 4 years?! That seems like yesterday. Yay for LOVE!